Last Sunday, my colleague, Vivian Reijs, organized her first ever women power event. Yes! I definitely had to be there because I think we can all use a little bit of extra power! Especially because we all have so much stress to deal with and generally have a lot on our plates. It can all leave you feeling less than energetic.
At the event, I got some great work out-tips and learned some new things about nutrition. But the thing that sticks out in my memory the most, was a presentation by a man on how to live life more enthusiastically. Hell yes! Johan Driessens, our inspiring coach, got us really excited by giving us tips on how to be happier throughout the day. I’ve been following some of his advice and it totally works! I feel gooooood! You should definitely try it as well.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Wake up with an “I feel good”- alarm and whip up a power smoothie (see recipe below).
2. Look in the mirror and tell yourself: “I look good!”
3. Are there things that are getting you down? Is there a traffic jam, is it raining outside or are you out of almond milk? Just say: “SO WHAT?”
4. Do something you loved when you were little (like climbing a tree?) and leave your comfort zone for a while (by singing your heart out in a karaoke bar?)
5. Don’t take yourself so f*cking seriously!
6. You’re responsible for your own actions! When something goes wrong, don’t blame other people. Start with yourself.
7. Pay five strangers a compliment.
Living your life like this, to the fullest, really works – and by drinking this power smoothie, you’ll start you day off right!