If you want to shine in life, you have to be healthy on the inside. You’ll be able to achieve this if you know when to take a rest and are able to plan eating moments throughout the day. Being the health freak I am, I know everything there is to know on this subject. But even for me, planning eating moments doesn’t come naturally. My working life is crazy busy right now; I’m studying every day and I’m working hard on my book. It can all be quite stressful and my ‘me time’ and well-planned eating moments are falling prey to my busy schedule. The result? My face is breaking out, I’ve got a bloated tummy and bags under my eyes. It’s time to turn this thing around, right NOW!
For everyone who’s susceptible to being overtaken by events, like I am, here are a few of my guidelines for life ;-).
– Make food schedules that include five eating moments, every day
– Buy little take-away boxes for bringing healthy salads and snacks with you to work
– Make your lunch-to-go the night before
– Plan two days off a week, just for ‘me, myself and I’ time
– Practice yoga once a week
– And last, but not least: grab your bike three times a week and head to a juice store, and have a shot of wheatgrass. My favorite juice store is Jay’s Juices in Amsterdam.
Wheatgrass is an amazing little substance! It rejuvenates the skin, gives you a mega energy boost and detoxifies the body. And, for the party animals out there, this little shot will help you overcome any hangover at any time, anywhere. But hey, since you planned that day off anyway, why not start growing your own wheatgrass from seeds? Make a whole bunch of juice using your juicer and freeze it.