I often start the day (after a glass of lukewarm water with lemon and/or juice) with this coffee recipe. It gives me energy that lasts quite a while and helps you avoid the caffeine crash that usually accompanies a ‘normal’ cup of coffee. In addition to providing a significant energy boost, it also helps to stave off cravings throughout the day and it is so tasty! Definitely worth the effort to give it a try. Let me know what you think in the comments below? I’d love to know what you think!
Vegan? The original recipe calls for 1-2 tablespoons of butter or ghee, but you can also make it without. Add a tablespoon or two of plant-based milk (oat, coconut or almond) instead. The result will be a little bit less fantastic though. ; )
1 cup of coffee
blender (or immersion blender)
- 1 cup (Bulletproof) coffee
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or 1 tbsp MCT (MCT*) or 1 tbsp ghee
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or (alcohol-free) vanilla extract (unsweetened)
- Optional: 1 tsp maple syrup, 1 tsp raw cacao powder, a pinch of cinnamon
1. Make the coffee.
2. Combine the warm coffee with the other ingredients in the blender.
3. Blend for 30 seconds.
4. Transfer to your favorite coffee mug and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!