Carrot Cake Bites
Yay, it’s ma birthday! And I’m celebrating with these tasty carrot cake bites. They’re an essential part of any celebratory day like a birthday or King’s Day. A must try ; )
3 days in the fridge or max. 3 months in the freezer
Big and small bowl
Ovenproof dish (approx. 23 x 23 cm or pie tin)
300 g / 3 cups oatflour
130 g/3/4 cup coconut blossom sugar
1 tl vanilla powder
1 tsp ‘speculaas’ spices
2 tsp Gucot Golden Spices Mix
Handful pecans, chopped
250 ml/1 cup oat milk, or other milk of choice
125 ml/1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
150 g/1 1/3 cup carrot, grated
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
A pinch of Celtic seasalt
150 g/1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours in water (or overnight)
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla powder
a pinch of Celtic sea salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp thick (Greek-style) coconut yogurt
Carrot, very thinly sliced (with a peeler or mandolin) or spiralized
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Combine the oat flour, coconut blossom sugar, vanilla powder, spices, sea salt and pecans in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the oat milk and applesauce.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring to combine. Then add the grated carrot and orange zest (if you’re using it). Stir well!
5. Now, stir the baking soda into the apple cider vinegar in a glass.
6. Pour the bubbling mixture into the batter and stir well.
7. Grease the cake tin with coconut oil and transfer the cake batter into the pan.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
1. When your cashews are nice and soft from soaking, drain them and combine with all the other topping ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blitz the mixture on high for about three minutes, or until smooth and creamy. If it’s not mixing well, stop the blender or food processor every so often to scrape down the sides.
2. Ice the fully cooled carrot cake with this healthy frosting and enjoy! :)
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!