Cashew Butter Blondies
Ever eaten a blondie? It’s a brownie’s little sister… I think it’s one of the tastiest, chewy cookie bars on the planet and could eat one anytime. Preferably with a cup of coffee and a good book. Yummmm!
Approx. 20 mins.
9 large blondies
3 days fresh in an airtight container or freeze them for max. 3 months
- Baking tin: 20 x 20,
- (Unbleached) parchment paper
1 flax-egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 tbsp water)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp Gucot apple cider vinegar
100 g/3.5 oz. coconut blossom sugar
1 tsp Gucot unsweetened vanilla powder
200 g/7 oz. oat flour, or other flour of choice
a pinch of salt
140 g/5 oz. Gucot cashew butter
100 ml/3.5 fl. oz. maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
100 ml/3.5 fl. oz. oat milk (or other milk of choice)
120 g/4.25 oz. dark chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Make the flax-egg by combining the ground flax with water in a small bowl and stirring with a spoon. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Combine the baking soda and apple cider vinegar in a glass and mix using a spoon.
4. Add the coconut blossom sugar, vanilla powder, oat flour, salt, cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut oil and oat milk to a food processor (recommended), blender or to a bowl to be mixed by hand. Blitz until creamy.
5. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the flax-egg and the apple cider vinegar/baking soda mixture. Stir well to combine and let stand for ten minutes.
6. Finely chop the chocolate using a knife and add it to the batter. Stir once again.
7. Line your baking tin with parchment paper and transfer the batter to the pan.
8. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes in the oven and voilà!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!