Chocolate oat cookies
Approx. 20 min.
5 days (in an air-tight container)
Parchment paper (unbleached)
– 2 tbsp chia or flaxseed + 120 ml water
– 120 ml of water or plantbased milk
– 50 g coconut oil, melted
– 120 g coconut blossom sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla powder, unsweetened (check @powerfoodies)
– 70 g peanutbutter or nutbutter (tahini is also possible)
– 220 gr whole grain oat (or spelled) flour
– 170 g whole oats
– 100 g dark chocolate (preferably 70%)
– Pinch of sea salt
– 1 tbsp lemon juice or apple vinegar
– 1 tsp baking soda
– Pieces of dates, optional
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Add 200 ml of water together with the chia seed (or flaxseed). Stir well, and allow the mixture to set for about 10 minutes. Add the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Then add the wet ingredients in another bowl and mix. Add the wet and dry ingredients together and stir well. Leave the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes. Spoon the dough on to a parchment-lined baking sheet, one tablespoon at a time, flattening each spoonful as you go. Repeat this until all the dough is used up. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until the cookies firm up and begin to brown. Allow them to cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!