Creamy Coconut Pasta with Spinach & Peas
This is a delicious, easy, nutritious and satisfying weekday recipe. I usually double the amounts specified below so that I have leftovers for the next day. It’s also great cold with some salad greens and a splash of cold-pressed olive oil. Enjoy!
Approx. 3 months in de vriezer or 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge
2 pans + 1 deep frying pan
200 g (7 oz.) brown rice pasta (fusilli)
150 g (5.25 oz.) peas, fresh or frozen
2 medium red onions
250 g (9 oz.) mushrooms, preferably brown
2 cloves garlic
1 bouillon cube (yeast-free) or 1 tbsp herb blend
100 ml (scant 1/2 cup) warm water
1/2 tbsp #gucot apple cider vinegar
160 ml (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) coconut milk (full fat)
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp (oat)flour
1/2 tsp sambal
1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
2 small handfuls spinach
coconut oil or ghee, for frying
1. Cook the brown rice pasta according to package instructions (approx. 7-9 minutes).
2. Boil the peas for 8-10 minutes in abundant water.
3. Finely chop the onions and thinly slice the mushrooms.
4. Sauté the onions and mushrooms in a frying pan in oil, stirring often until the mushrooms have reduced in size. Press the garlic cloves into the pan.
5. Dissolve a bouillon cube or the spice/herb blend in a scant 1/2 cup of hot water.
6. Add the bouillon, apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, black pepper, flour, sambal and sea salt to the frying pan. Stir and allow to simmer for about five minutes until combined or until most or all of the moisture has been absorbed.
7. Add the spinach and the cooked peas, stir to combine.
8. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!