Creamy Veggie Korma with Rice Noodles
I’m always happy to eat curry, especially when it’s one that’s simple, creamy and full of vegetables, spices and herbs. Feel like a veggie-rich, one-pot meal? Go for it and enjoy! ; )
Approx. 20 minutes
2 large bowls
3 days in food container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer
Large high pan
1 medium onion
200 g/7 oz. mushrooms
1 small sweet potato (yam)
200 g/7 oz. green beans
1/2 a head of cauliflower
1 stick of lemongrass / sereh
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil, for sautéing
3 tsp ground garam masala
4 tbsp Korma curry paste
400 ml/scant 2 cups water
400 ml/scant 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp seasalt
1 tsp sambal, optional
200 g rice noodles (or chickpeas or rice)
a small handful of roasted cashews
1. Chop the onion, mushrooms and sweet potato in small pieces and cut the cauliflower into small rosettes. Remove the ends of the green beans.
2. Peel off the tough outermost layers of the lemon grass until you get to the meaty core. Smash the lemon grass using the flat side of a kitchen knife.
3. Sauté the vegetables in olive oil or coconut oil on medium-high heat and add the garam masala, curry past, lemon grass, salt and sambal (optional), stirring well and cooking until the mushrooms soften.
4. Add the coconut milk and water and simmer the curry until the green beans are soft.
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
6. Remove the lemon grass and serve the curry in bowls with the noodles or chickpeas and the toppings of choice.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!