Creamy Veggie Noodles
Now that I’m a mama, I definitely have less time to focus on cooking. So, my new approach is to keep things as simple and nutritious as possible! This recipe is easy to make and doesn’t include a huge list of ingredients. It’s a perfect option when you don’t have a lot of time, but still want to eat something tasty and healthy. Seasoning is made super easy here with our own herb-and-veggie blend from Gucot. It’s a delicious, versatile seasoning that’s been available for purchase on the market since last week. You can add it to so many recipes! Enjoy! ; )
approx. 20 - 25 minutes
3 days in food container in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer
– 200 g/7 oz. shiitake mushrooms
– 340 ml/1 1/3 cup coconut milk
– 210 g/7 oz. brown rice noodles (or other noodles of choice)
– 2 tbsp Gucot herb-and-veggie blend
– 2 medium zucchinis
– 3 medium white onion
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– Teaspoon of sambal, optional
1. Finely chop the onion and the zucchini and roughly chop the shiitake mushrooms.
2. Warm some oil in a pan (we love coconut oil) on medium-high heat.
3. Add the onion and shiitake, stirring well. After about three minutes, add the zucchini and the Gucot herb-and-veggie blend. Sauté for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat to low.
4. Add the coconut milk and stir to fully combine. Add the black pepper to taste and the sambal if you like it spicy!
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package instructions and drain.
6. Add the cooked and drained noodles to the sauce and toss to combine.
7. Divide into four portions and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!