Golden Apple Breakfast Crumble
I recently felt like eating a warm breakfast and came up with the idea of making a tasty crumble with my new product, the Golden Spices Mix, and the apples that I had lying around in the fruit bowl. This delicious, addictive recipe is quick and easy to make and, as a side benefit, it makes your house smell fantastic. It’s secretly even better with a bit of coconut cream or coconut yogurt. Enjoy!
Ceremics: Oh My Home
Approx. 35 minutes
Approx. 4 persons
2 or 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer
Small ovenproof dish (21 x 21 cm)
– 600 g/1.3 lbs apples
– 1/2 lemon
– 2 tbsp Gucot oat flour (or other flour of choice)
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
– 150 g/5 oz. whole oats
– 60 g/2 oz. Gucot oat flour (or other flour of choice)
– 100 g/3.5 oz. mixed nuts
– 1 tsp Gucot Golden Spices Mix
– 3 tbsp maple syrup
– a pinch of sea salt
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 1/4 tsp Gucot vanilla powder (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350 F.
2.Clean the apples and chop them into very small pieces and add it in a bowl.
3. Squeeze the juice of a half lemon on to the chopped apple.
4. Add the oat flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well.
5. Transfer the mixture into an oven-proof dish using a spatula to press it down into the pan. Give your mixing bowl a quick rinse.
6. For the topping, finely chop the nuts, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and combine both with the whole oats, oat flour, Golden Spices Mix, maple syrup, sea salt and the vanilla powder (if you’re using it) in the mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
7. Sprinkle the topping over top of the apple mixture in the oven-proof dish, pressing it down gently.
8. Place the crumble in the oven for about 35 minutes and allow to cool fully for 15 minutes afterward. The crumble will stay warm for about an hour. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!