Golden Banana Bread
I’m currently addicted to eating this delicious, moist, sweet banana bread. I added a couple of teaspoons of my Golden Spices Mix to it and it makes the flavor even more special (and makes the bread healthier). The fruit makes it nice and sweet, but if you really have a sweet tooth, you can add a bit of coconut blossom sugar to sweeten it even more. Enjoy!
Tip: has your banana bread been lying around a little too long and getting a bit stale? Try toasting it using a panini grill or in a pan. You’ll breathe new life into it and add even more flavor. It gets a bit crispy… And maybe, secretly, even a bit more tasty.
Approx. 20 minutes
50 - 55 minutes
Max. 3 months in the freezer (sliced) or max. 3-4 days in an airtight container at room temperature
Cake tin - 21 cm / 8 inch
Whisk / spatula
3 medium very ripe bananas
4 Gucot Medjoul dates
100 g/3.5 oz. applesauce, unsweetened, from a jar
40 ml/3 tbsp plant-based milk
1 tsp Gucot baking soda
2 tbsp Gucot apple cider vinegar
250 g/9 oz. Gucot oat flour
3 tsp Gucot Golden Spices Mix
1 tsp Gucot vanilla powder
25 g/1 oz. coconut blossom sugar (optional)
a pinch of Gucot Celtic sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C / 350 ˚F
2. Line a loaf pan (or a 21 cm/8 inch cake tin) with parchment paper or grease the pan well.
3. Mash the bananas in a bowl using a fork.
4. Pit the dates and finely chop.
5. Add the dates, applesauce, and plant-based milk to the bananas and mix well.
6. Combine the baking soda and the apple cider vinegar in a small bowl or glass and stir well.
7. Add the flour, Golden Spices Mix, vanilla powder, coconut blossom sugar (if you’re using it) and sea salt to a bowl and stir to combine.
8. Add all three mixtures together and stir until a nice and thick batter is formed.
9. Transfer the batter to the loaf/cake tin and, if you’d like, slice an extra banana in half lengthwise and place each half rounded side down on the top of the batter.
10. Bake the spiced bread for 50-55 minutes in the preheated oven.
11. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the loaf from the baking tin. It’s delicious topped with cashew butter or nut butter! Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!