Matcha lattes are one of my favorite drinks at the moment. This green drink gives you a mega energy boost and is an ideal coffee replacement, if you ask me. Below is a very easy recipe for making a matcha latte yourself. Enjoy!
P.S. Click here for my favorite website when you want to buy matcha online.
500 ml / 2 cups
drink right away
2 tsp matcha powder
500 ml (scant 2/3 cup) almond or oat milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
2 cardamom pods or 1/2 tsp cardamompowder
1/2 tbsp coconutbutter
– 1 tsp maple syrup
– 1 tspn ashwagandha
– 1 tspn reishi
– 1 tspn collagen
1. Spoon the matcha green tea powder into a mug or cup.
2. Add a tablespoon warm water and mix with a spoon or with a (bamboo) whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
3. Warm the milk in a small saucepan with the other ingredients and whisk (or mix it in the blender).
4. Pour into the mug until nearly full.
5. Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk together until smooth and light green in colour.
6. If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration.
Speedy version: I sometimes heat the milk with the spices in a milk frother. Mix the matcha powder into the milk, whisk again and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!