Noodles with tempeh & sugar snaps
I made this recipe a few weeks ago in between doing a bunch of other things and I was sold immediately. Last week, I worked on the fine tuning and now I’m ready to share it with you! Here it is, my very favorite noodle recipe with tempeh and crunchy sugar snap peas. I hope you like it too 😉
approx. 30 mins
serves 2 - 3
3 days in the fridge in an airtight container
125 g/4.5 oz. rice noodles or soba noodles
225 g/8 oz. tempeh
1 tbsp oil, for sautéing
2 tsp curry powder (I used a Madras curry)
1 tbsp tamari
1 medium carrot
1 medium red onion
2 cloves garlic
200 g/7 oz. mushrooms
200 g/7 oz. sugar snap peas
small handful cilantro
1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds, or to taste
¼ tsp black pepper
sea salt, to taste
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp sambal (I like Badjak the best)
1 tsp tamari
1 tsp lemon juice or unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1. Slice the tempeh into pieces and marinate it in a bowl with oil, curry powder and tamari.
2. Finely chop the onion and mushrooms. Grate the carrot and remove the tough strands from the sugar snaps. Heat a bit of oil to a frying pan and add the onion and mushrooms first. Stir well, press the cloves of garlic into the pan and then add the sugar snaps, carrot, curry powder and sea salt. Sauté for a few minutes, stirring often and then set the heat to low.
3. Using another frying pan, sauté the tempeh until it is browned.
4. Cook the noodles (approx. 5 min.), drain them and use a fork to carefully toss them. I usually add a bit of oil to prevent them from sticking to each other.
5. Divide the ingredients across two or three bowls (including the cilantro) and sprinkle some sesame seeds over top of each.
Now whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and pour the sauce over each serving of the noodles. Voilà!
Note: Leftovers? These noodles are great served cold and topped with a few slices of avocado. A great lunch option!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!