Sweet pumpkin soup
Mjamm! Around this time of the year, I can’t get enough of soups like this sweet pumpkin soup. Enjoy Powerfoodies! X Rens
serves 2 – makes +/- 1 liter or 4 cups
3 days in an airtight container in the fridge / 3 months in the freezer
- 1 small butternut squash (+/- 450 g)
- 1 sweet potato, medium-sized
- 1 red onion, medium-sized
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube or 2 tsp veggie powder mix
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 2 tbsp hemp seed, optional
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 200 grams of lentils, chickpeas, white beans (jar) or cooked whole grain rice
- Feta, optional
- Handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Seasalt, to taste
Peel the squash, slice it in half, remove the seeds and chop into pieces. Rinse the sweet potato and chop, leaving the skin on. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Add these ingredients to a pot together with the spices and stir for 2 minutes. Add 125 ml (1/2 cup) water, coconut milk and the bouillon cube and hemp seeds (optional). Stir occasionally. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Once cooked, puree the soup using an immersion blender – be careful as the soup will be hot! Return the pureed soup to the stove, add the cup of legumes and simmer for a few more minutes. Serve in bowls with the thyme and feta (optional) on top.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!