Vegan Carrot Pasta & ‘Cheese’
A delicious, easy, plant-based, creamy comfort recipe with pasta and the best creamy carrot sauce. Need I say more? Enjoy!
approx. 30 minutes
Approx. 3 months in de vriezer or 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge
Foodprocessor or (hand) blender
200 g/7 oz. macaroni or lentil / rice Fusilli
200 g/6.9 oz. carrots, cleaned and chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 medium onion
125 ml/1/2 cup almond milk
5 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tbsp cashew butter, raw
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne or chili powder
Ghee (not plant-based), coconut oil or olive oil for sautéing.
Topping options (optional)
– Roasted Oyster Mushrooms
150 g/5.25 oz. oyster mushrooms
1 clove garlic, pressed
1-2 tbsp olive oil, for sautéing
a couple of pinches of (Celtic) sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 chopped tbsp fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Clean the oyster mushrooms and trim the stems if necessary. Press the garlic into a bowl, then add the mushrooms and the olive oil. Toss well to combine. Season with the rosemary and salt and pepper and toss again. Spread the mushrooms out across a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes (or until they darken up).
– Sauteed Mushrooms with Tamari & Garlic
1. Clean and chop the carrots and cook them in boiling water.
2. Finely chop the garlic and onion and sauté in a bit of olive oil until the onion is glassy.
3. Combine the sautéed onion and garlic with the rest of the ingredients (including the cooked carrots, but excluding the pasta) in a food processor or blender and blitz until creamy.
4. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain.
5. Combine the ‘sauce’ with the pasta in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
6. Serve in bowls and top with the topping if you’d like. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with #powerfoodies and #renskroes. Enjoy!